Friday, September 2, 2011

Precious Secrets....

In my last entry, I posted about God choosing the weak things of the world to shame the wise. Paul made it pretty clear in that chapter that the wisdom of men is dangerous. Deceitful to both the person possessing the worldly wisdom, and dangerous to those around him.  We tend to admire and look up to those who are smarter than us. Thinking that they must some how be better than us because they are smarter. But as I saw in chapter one of 1st Corinthians, God chooses the ones who are broken down and seemingly useless by the standards of the world.

When I continued on in chapters 2 and 3, I found myself a bit disappointed because I wasn't receiving this "GREAT FEEL GOOD" message from the chapters. It seemed to just be reiterating the same stuff as chapter one. But how silly of me. If God's word is divinely inspired and His hand upon each word that was written by the men HE chose to write them, there's gotta be more than what I'm seeing. And if Paul is taking 3 chapters to talk about the same topic, its gotta be important. So I prayed. Asking God to reveal to me what His point is.  And here is the little love note that came with the bouquet of flowers my father sent to me this morning. Another reminder of just how precious He views His children...

But it is written: Eye has not seen, nor ear heard, Nor have entered into the heart of man The things which God has prepared for those who love Him.(Isaiah) But GOD has revealed them to US through His Spirit. For the Spirit searches all things, yes the deep things of God. For what man knows the things of a man except the spirit of the man which is in him? Even so no one knows the things of God except the Spirit of God. Now we have received, not the spirit of the world, but the SPIRIT who is from GOD, that we might know the things that have been freely given  to us by God. (1st Corinthians 2:9-13)

This is our gift. The Spirit of the Living God. Without it, no one can understand the mind of Christ. No one can be transformed into something beautiful. Without it, no one can know the Love of the Father. Without it, no one can have Eternal life....

Further in vs 14 it says "But the natural man does not receive the things of the Spirit of God, for they are foolishness to him; nor can he know them because they are spiritually discerned."

I am completely overwhelmed this morning. What a precious love note from the Creator of this universe. Its like I woke up this morning and received a dozen roses. A beautiful courtship between God and His children. This is the story of Cinderella. The world persecuting and calling the weak dumb. The world telling me that I am worthless and nothing. Judging me because I never went to school. Or because I had an alcohol problem. Or because I had a baby before marriage. The world beating me up. Me being a slave to sin and making me dirty. But all this time God had His eye on me. Thinking I was beautiful. And He has chosen me to be His bride. He picked me up out of the dirt and cleansed me with the blood of His only Son. Then He sent His Spirit to dwell within me and transform my mind. And He gave me His word to share with me His secrets. The deepest secrets that NO ONE ELSE CAN KNOW except for the ones He  chooses to reveal them to and it doesn't stop there. He's coming back for me. To rescue me from this world. To call me His bride and take me into His kingdom forever.

God has chosen to reveal to US the things of God. When Christ died, upon belief we receive the Spirit of God IN US. And we are then able to understand the mind of God. Verse 16 says "For 'who has the mind of the Lord that he may instruct Him?' BUT WE HAVE THE MIND OF CHRIST!" 

Chosen: The weak things to shame the wise. 

We are wise in the things of God. Which are the things that matter. The GIFT we are given is the SPIRIT which discerns all truth of God. Without it, no one can understand.

This is love of the Father. This is the Cinderella story.  He shares with us His deepest secrets... His mind. His heart. And He's coming back for us one day. To clothe us in beautiful linens and make us His bride. 

He Loves us......

3 comments:

  1. Ephesians 1:13-14
    13 in whom (Christ) also you, hearing the Word of Truth, the gospel of your salvation, in whom also believing you were sealed with the Holy Spirit of promise, 14 who is an earnest of our inheritance, to the redemption of the purchased possession, to the praise of His glory.

    Love you baby, praise God for all He has revealed to us!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanky you Tiff! What a great message to read this morning to start out my day! I love your faithfulness :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. This was wonderful. You are a beautiful writer. :-)

    ReplyDelete